An inexpensive and flavorful family meal that everyone will love and they're also a cheap and cheerful way to entertain the gang while watching the big game.
- 1 pound of Winner’s Meats ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- One 14.5 oz can of Fire-Roasted diced tomatoes
- One 4oz can of green chilies
- One 15oz can of Black Beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 Cooked Winner’s Wieners
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Place the ground beef in a large skillet and brown over medium/high heat. Drain grease, return to stove.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until the beef is cook through and the onion is tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes.
- Add the green chilies, and black beans if you’re using them.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and garlic powder and simmer until heated through
- Spoon the sloppy José sauce over the cooked hot dogs (with bun) and serve immediately.
- Cheese it up! Use shredded cheese as a topping, or nacho cheese sauce.
- For a spicy, cheesy version use our Jalapeno Cheese Franks instead of our Winner’s Wieners!
- Green chilies may be omitted, and diced green peppers may be used.
- In lieu of 1 medium chopped onion, you may substitute ½ cup of frozen recipe ready onions. Or recipe ready chopped onions & green pepper.
- You can substitute the fire-roasted tomatoes for one can of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with peppers & onions, or a 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.