- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1# Winner’s Cajun Smoked Sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1/2cup half and half cream
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, peppers, and onion.
- Remove from the pan onto a plate.
- Place the butter in the pan to melt.
- Sauté garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Mix in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, cream, & 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Mix the sauce in with the pasta.
- Add pasta water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Add the sausage and veggies and toss until combined.
TRY OUR NEW CAJUN SMOKED SAUSAGE